Interested in working at our Philadelphia [Corporate HQ]?
Join the hottest growing retailer in the area! We currently have over 400 stores open in 21 states! We have a ton of exciting opportunities available in our Home Office located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Jobs by Department:
- Construction Project Manager
- BS in Construction Management, Architectural or Civil Engineering
- 3-5 years of relevant, hands-on experience
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD LT or other computer aided drafting suite
- Must be able to read, comprehend and revise construction drawings
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule due to seasonality of construction and travel to job sites.
- Ability to multitask and solve complicated construction and design problems
- Relentless attention to detail is a requirement
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are a must
- Manage the construction process and provide updates and reports to the appropriate internal and external business partners
- Resolve any issues that may arise, by providing solutions and/or guidance and reporting any impact to operations, the schedule and the budget
- Be the primary contact for the operations team
- Manage any issues/conditions relevant to the terms of the Lease including but not limited to: Survey prospective sites and review conditions, negotiate with Landlords any construction items, provide budgets that reflect site conditions, review and approve construction documents for conformity to Lease and relevance to site conditions
- Report site conditions and provide guidance for store design
- Track Landlord construction progress, review sites/conditions and conduct delivery inspection with Landlords
- Conduct Five Below construction RFP process with General Contractors, negotiate final construction contract
- Determine construction schedule, manage the job schedule with vendors and coordinators and conduct final inspection with the store opening team, identifying any deficiencies
- Ensure that all outstanding Landlord or Five Below construction related punch list items are completed to satisfaction at the appropriate time
- Provide cost guidance with respect to any changes to the project
- Review all construction related costs on all projects, identify any potential opportunities for savings and value engineer
- Periodically conduct the RFP process to introduce new vendors in order to capture potential efficiencies and economies
- Provide guidance to store maintenance regarding potential warranty issues with regards to Landlord or Five Below General Contractor work
- Manage remodels for existing stores, coordinating all efforts of legal, design, operations and outside vendors
- Senior Accountant, Treasury & Risk
This role will appeal to an individual with an accounting background that is looking to learn certain financial operating aspects of the company. The focus of the role is on treasury and risk management of the company, which includes Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. Need to be a detailed oriented individual who is organized and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- 4 years of accounting work experience
- A minimum of 3 years of Big 4 public accounting experience preferred
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, well organized and energetic
- Perform monthly close responsibilities including preparation of journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations and other analyses for internal financial reporting
- Oversee the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance process including:
- Maintain and update controls and flowcharts to ensure Company’s compliance with required internal controls
- Act as liaison with cross functional teams for internal control compliance
- Primary contact for 3rd party internal audit service provider
- Prepare Audit Committee and Board reporting
- Prepare budgets for bank fees, insurance premiums, business license software, and credit card fees and monitor monthly activity
- Manage treasury function including:
- Serve as the primary contact for banking relationships
- Monitor and analyze ongoing cash activity
- Cash flow forecasting
- Initiate certain wire payments
- Prepare monthly journal entries
- Review and approve other staff activity including wire payments and monthly journal entries
- Work with investment managers and assist with development of investment strategies
- Maintain bank line of credit and related compliance reporting
- Manage the various business license and other compliance reporting for the store chain (450 retail stores nationwide)
- Assist with the management of the Company’s various insurance programs
- Supervise and Manage Treasury & Risk Coordinator
- Accounts Payable Coordinator
- Must be proficient in excel.
- Must have experience with inventory payables
- Associates Degree in Accounting is preferred.
- At least two years experience with Accounts Payable or in a financial clerkship is preferred.
- Experience with Great Plains software is preferred.
- Responsible for full cycle accounts payable.
- Receiving and matching invoices
- Coding Invoices for proper recording
- Additional clerical responsibilities as assigned.
- POS Analyst
- BS or BA degree, Information Technology, Computer Systems or Business/Technical related field
- 1-2 years of related IT experience within a technical discipline
- Minimum of 1 year of help desk related experience
- Knowledge of Point-of-Sale (POS) Software and Hardware systems a plus
- Self-motivated and customer service oriented
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
- Must be able to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities while ensuring successful completion of all items.
- Ability to lift 50lbs required
- Provide 1st for POS Hardware/Software support tickets
- Provide 1st for in-store related telecom support tickets
- Provide 1st for mobile handheld devices
- Maintain professional communication with end-users during incident troubleshooting/resolution
- Perform analysis of issues reported to determine root cause and resolution. Provides on-call and after-hours support as required
- Utilize call tracking system to ensure proper tracking, documentation, resolution and ticket closure is provided to end-users regarding incidents
- Resolve incidents according to internal SLA
- Escalate calls to appropriate Sr. team members or management if time based targets are not met or if support issue is beyond scope of understanding
- Actively monitor and maintain inventory list for both used and new POS hardware
- Order, image and deploy replacement POS equipment as needed
- Provide installation support for all POS related equipment (new and existing stores)
- Monitor and perform daily polling process, credit card reconciliation, credit card settlement review and price file merges
- Maintain office POS lab with updated software and equipment
- Create system documentation as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- IT Systems Analyst
Five Below's Business Applications group is looking for an associate developer. We need a hard-working self-starter who is eager to learn new enterprise-grade systems and technologies while applying their existing knowledge.
- Bachelors Degree required in business or technology related field
- MUST HAVE Retail Experience (5+ years)
- Minimum 1 year experience in IT related position
- Experience and basic understanding of SQL Server or Oracle DBMS
- Write basic SQL queries
- Write detailed technical documentation and specifications
- Ability to work on many projects at once in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn new enterprise-grade retail applications and become a subject matter expert
- Solid mathematical aptitude and effective project management skills
- Ability to analyze and document complex business processes
- Ability to make effective decisions under pressure
- Ability to think analytically and should be a problem solver
- Ability to gather and interpret relevant data and information
- Understands overall job responsibilities
- Can apply responsibilities to everyday business situations without direction; prioritizes effectively
- Results oriented and not task oriented
- Able to perform a wide variety of tasks ; The ability to break down complex processes into simpler parts for analysis and improvement
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to manage time efficiently, effective communication and excellent follow through to ensure the achievement of personal and company objectives
- Results oriented, goal oriented, self motivated and customer oriented
- Collaborate within a team across departments: by supporting the organization’s needs thru relationships specific business units (Merchandising, Operations, Finance, Human Resources, Replenishment/Allocations, and Distribution)
- Experience in gathering requirements and the ability to negotiate the “Right Solution” for the business
- Experience with “Change Management” and the documents required for SOX compliance
- Experience working with development teams to plan and deliver solutions on time/budget
- Any experience writing C#, and with .NET in general
- Experience with Linux
- Experience writing SSIS packages using BIDS / SSDT
- Experience with Analytical tools (SQL, Toad etc.)
- Knowledge in Oracle and SQL (BIDS)
- Experience in Share Point
- Experience in Island Pacific Merchandising Systems
- Experience working with IBM DB2 / an AS400
- Responsible for all activities related to supporting and enhancing our supply chain systems
- Act as an authority and subject matter expert on merchandising, supply chain and warehouse management systems- understand the business user’s function and help them develop more efficient process/procedure
- Anticipate and identify issues that may negatively impact business and develop/implement technology based solutions.
- Support all aspects of IT projects including analysis, design, development, installation and implementation
- Ensure our merchandising and supply chain systems meet current and future business needs.
- Work with IT vendors and other outside contacts on development and service relationships.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required
- Forward thinker who designs for not only current business needs but, plans for scalability and longer term solutions
- Teamwork oriented- must be a team player willing to help others while also fostering their help in return
- Must be able to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities while ensuring successful completion of all items
- Providing suggestions to the development team during the development stage of product to meet the client's business needs
- Preparing accurate and detailed requirement specifications documents, user interface guides, and functional specification documents
- Documenting the acquired results of analysis and workflows as well as obtaining sign-off from the appropriate client
- Designing and executing the test scripts and test scenarios
- Coordinating with the groups of business unit who test, validate, evaluate new applications and functions, and determine issues in services and software
- Managing any change requests related to the working project plans daily to meet the agreed deadlines
- Merchants - All Levels
Planning & Allocations
- Inventory Analyst
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Must be willing to learn and grow in a fast paced environment.
- Prior Retail experience a plus
- Execute weekly store allocations based on sales and inventory trends.
- Analyze historical data and current trends in order to identify risks and opportunities and will review individual store allocations based on current sales.
- Support a collaborative, innovative, and results-oriented environment with a cross-functional team.
- Recap and analyze actual sales results to plan; forecast in-season sales and inventory on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Work closely with merchants and planners on all new products and develop allocation strategies.
- Partner & Communicate closely with stores and field mangers on understand store needs
Five Below is an Equal Opportunity Employer.