Interested in working at our Philadelphia [Corporate HQ]?
Join the hottest growing retailer in the area! We currently have over 400 stores open in 21 states! We have a ton of exciting opportunities available in our Home Office located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Jobs by Department:
- Construction Project Manager
- BS in Construction Management, Architectural or Civil Engineering
- 3-5 years of relevant, hands-on experience
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD LT or other computer aided drafting suite
- Must be able to read, comprehend and revise construction drawings
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule due to seasonality of construction and travel to job sites.
- Ability to multitask and solve complicated construction and design problems
- Relentless attention to detail is a requirement
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are a must
- Manage the construction process and provide updates and reports to the appropriate internal and external business partners
- Resolve any issues that may arise, by providing solutions and/or guidance and reporting any impact to operations, the schedule and the budget
- Be the primary contact for the operations team
- Manage any issues/conditions relevant to the terms of the Lease including but not limited to: Survey prospective sites and review conditions, negotiate with Landlords any construction items, provide budgets that reflect site conditions, review and approve construction documents for conformity to Lease and relevance to site conditions
- Report site conditions and provide guidance for store design
- Track Landlord construction progress, review sites/conditions and conduct delivery inspection with Landlords
- Conduct Five Below construction RFP process with General Contractors, negotiate final construction contract
- Determine construction schedule, manage the job schedule with vendors and coordinators and conduct final inspection with the store opening team, identifying any deficiencies
- Ensure that all outstanding Landlord or Five Below construction related punch list items are completed to satisfaction at the appropriate time
- Provide cost guidance with respect to any changes to the project
- Review all construction related costs on all projects, identify any potential opportunities for savings and value engineer
- Periodically conduct the RFP process to introduce new vendors in order to capture potential efficiencies and economies
- Provide guidance to store maintenance regarding potential warranty issues with regards to Landlord or Five Below General Contractor work
- Manage remodels for existing stores, coordinating all efforts of legal, design, operations and outside vendors
- Finance Coordinator
- 1-2 years of office coordination/administrative experience
- Associates Degree preferred or relevant work experience
- Computer proficiency with a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office – with emphasis on Excel
- Strong organization skills and high attention to detail
- High degree of flexibility to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and work in a dynamic office environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self motivated with a desire to excel
- Strong project management skills with the ability to get things done in an entrepreneurial and high growth environment
- Maintain reporting calendar for all Company compliance for store licenses, store personal property declarations, employment reporting and other state and local jurisdiction reporting to ensure timely and accurate filing
- Oversee the business and food license filings for all stores
- Process renewals
- Research requirements for new stores
- Set up new vendors with AP
- Scan paperwork into LicenseHQ and obtain approvals
- Process licenses through LicenseHQ
- Scan and mail checks, applications and license copies to stores
- Upload files to stores
- Gather fixed asset documentation and prepare personal property filings in a timely manner
- Export fixed asset data from financial software for returns
- Scan and file all returns and supporting documentation
- Organize all property tax assessments and invoices received by locality
- Process all invoices for payment
- Assist Payroll with various administrative responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
- Preparation of garnishment reports
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly employment and local tax reporting
- Compile direct deposit, paycard and expense data for payroll processing
- Research and respond to Associate communications
- Compile monthly financial store sales and sales tax collected from the GL Extract, Point of Sale (“POS”) and Flash data and update files accordingly
- Assist with other responsibilities as needed
- IT Security Engineer
The IT Security Analyst will be responsible for monitoring security standards, maintaining compliance with PCI and SOX requirements, and providing support for the firm’s global enterprise network. The candidate will actively collaborate with peers across technology to coordinate configuration changes, hardware/software upgrades and implementations as they relate to security initiatives. The candidate will have the opportunity to help shape the organization’s security structure and incident remediation.
- Bachelor's degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Networking, Engineering, or a related technical field a plus
- Hands-on experience in network support/security (5 years +)
- Network+, Security+, CCNA certification a plus
- CISA, CISM, or CISSP a strong plus
- In depth experience in the following areas:
- IT security best practices
- Writing technical, procedural, compliance, and training documentation to be consumed by IT professionals, upper management, end users, and auditors
- LAN technologies (cabling, wireless, security, etc.)
- Firewall technologies and concepts (Cisco ASA preferred)
- Experience in these areas is a strong plus:
- Familiarity with PCI and SOX regulations and auditing procedures
- Cisco IOS, Cisco ASA, IPS/IDS, VPN
- Active Directory
- Windows XP, 7, 8+, Server 2003, 2008, and 2012+
- WSUS, Exchange, SQL, IIS, RADIUS, and other back office Microsoft technologies
- Desktop/server vulnerability management
- VMware virtualization (ESX, vCenter)
- Scripting and automation (VBS, BAT, etc.)
- TCP/IP concepts (routing, subnetting, diagnostics, etc.)
- Certificates and general encryption/cryptography concepts
- Ability to demonstrate troubleshooting skills, think analytically while working in a fast paced dynamic and growing IT environment and the flexibility to work with a wide range of technologies.
- Forward thinker who designs for not only current business needs but, plans for scalability and longer term solutions.
- Must be able to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities while ensuring successful completion of all items in a timely fashion.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to lift 50lbs required
- Analyzing the current security architecture to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvement
- Communicate, implement, and maintain security policies and controls
- Contribute, learn, and communicate SEIM strategies, policies and solutions
- Research and recommend security technologies and initiatives based on business needs and regulatory requirements (PCI, SOX, etc.)
- Ensure security documentation is accurate and up to date
- Ensure all devices are patched and security bulletins are addressed
- Monitor security logs and address any potential concerns
- Proactively identify, assess, and design remediation plan for potential risks and other opportunities of vulnerability in the network
- Stay current with new security concerns and trends, proactively addressing these as they are discovered
- Provide expert level security support and counsel to other teams
- Conduct, attend and support cybersecurity-related system design reviews and other technical meetings
- Manage several vendor relationships
- Develop automated solutions through the use of scripting to streamline certain processes
- Other duties as assigned
- Digital Marketing Manager
Reporting to the Director of Omni-Channel Marketing, the Digital Marketing Manager role will be crucial in building Five Below’s brand awareness, expanding its digital footprint and leading strategic digital marketing activities in support of ambitious growth objectives. S/he will be responsible for developing innovative digital programs that engage teens (and their moms and dads) while driving traffic to stores and digital channels. This leader will truly propel Five Below in the digital space. Specifically, s/he will:
- Drive the strategic development of digital/online marketing programs to drive significantly higher brand awareness and customer engagement.
- Lead an integrated approach in creating dynamic marketing programs and campaigns across all digital consumer touch points, including: e-mail, social media, mobile/web experience, SMS/MMS and more.
- Develop teen-centric big ideas and oversee the production/utilization of highly differentiated, branded and consumer generated content, with an emphasis on engaging videos, contests and influencer partnerships. Solicit, manage and optimize customer/fan groups (e.g., virtual teen panels, focus groups, etc.) for various marketing and brand initiatives.
- Manage all forms of paid and organic digital media to generate long lasting brand awareness, including: social media advertising, in-app mobile marketing, youtube advertising, SEO/SEM and more.
- Select and manage multiple agencies and 3rd party resources to accelerate the Company’s digital expansion.
- Establish digital insights rigor and translate findings into actionable and scalable digital brand/marketing strategies
- Sponsor the development and testing of new programs by being a thought leader and pushing the organization to innovate in the digital space.
- Manage all aspects of a digital marketing budget and continuously improve effectiveness and the ROI of marketing investments
- Develop and oversee all seasonal digital marketing plans and partner with merchandising to “tell the story” and drive traffic to stores and eventually an e-commerce store.
- Spearhead the implementation of digital programs within 400+ stores to transform the in-store experience into an interactive, entertaining trip.
- Manage 1-2 associates and collaborate with creative and retail marketing teams to execute targeted content to the brand’s different audiences.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished digital marketing guru with 5-7 years experience, including 2-3 at the management level. The candidate will have experience working on consumer driven businesses, preferably with a retail component, with a strong emphasis on digital marketing and customer engagement. S/he must have a proven track record of success in leveraging a full suite of digital marketing to drive consumer engagement. A thorough command of established and up and coming digital marketing channels (e.g., vine, instagram, twitter, snapchat) along with involvement in an e-commerce business is crucial. Specialty retail experience is important, particularly in fast-cycle/youth-oriented businesses.
Regardless of specific career progression, s/he will be a consummate leader who is able both to train and upgrade an organization, and has demonstrated the ability to work alongside individual team members as a day-to-day partner in moving the business forward. From a personal standpoint the successful candidate will be comfortable in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment and will:
- Be a high-energy, highly motivated self-starter and will be attracted by the opportunity to have significant and measurable impact on an organization and to be part of a team that will significantly scale a business
- Be conceptual and strategic but at the same time, relish being an owner, getting involved in the details of the business, and making things happen
- Demonstrate strong personal commitment and be passionate about the business and the brand proposition
- Be highly accountable, possess a “can-do” attitude and a strong results orientation
- Be comfortable in a collaborative environment; flexible and open to ideas coming from all areas and levels of the organization, but also confident and decisive.
- Not ego invested, highly collaborative, fully capable of functioning both independently and as part of a team
An undergraduate degree is required.
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Creative)
- Inventive visual merchandiser with the ability to motivate change and sell ideas
- Must be in touch with the teen/pre-teen customer
- 5-7 years of experience in visual merchandising
- Bachelor’s degree in merchandising or comparable experience
- Professional portfolio/samples of in-store work
- Experience with selling apparel as a retail sales associate a plus
- Proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to present visual ideas using Adobe Photoshop is ideal
- Ability to envision environmental concepts via architectural and design plans
- 3D rendering software such as AutoCAD, Google Sketch-up, etc. a big plus
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally with internal departments such as: other Marketing disciplines, Merchandising, Product Development and Construction
- Partner with the Five Below Merchandising Team to understand their vision and create display strategies that support it.
- Shop competition regularly to translate ideas to Five Below environment and occasionally attend trade shows to stay on cutting edge of industry.
- Collaborate with Director of Visual Merchandising and team on seasonal floor sets.
- Create visual plans and communicate on-going updates for merchandise direction through clear direction of store environment standards
- Hands-on arrangement of product and fixtures to enhance product appeal and showcase value that WOWS the customer.
- Advise on signage needs to support merchandise and creative initiatives.
- Collaborate with vendors to create prototypes of fixtures, displayers or props that are brand right and cost effective while maintaining the integrity of design.
- Travel to stores to train associates on visual execution standards and ensure that direction is being followed.
- Attend corporate meetings, new store openings, and any necessary travel as needed.
- Merchants - All Levels
Planning & Allocations
- Inventory Analyst
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Must be willing to learn and grow in a fast paced environment
- Prior retail experience a plus
- Execute weekly store transfers based on sales and inventory trends.
- Analyze historical data and current trends in order to identify risks and opportunities and review individual store allocations based on current sales.
- Support a collaborative, innovative, and results-oriented environment with a cross-functional team.
- Recap and analyze actual sales results to plan; forecast in-season sales and inventory on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Work closely with merchants on all new products and develop allocation strategies.
- Partner and communicate closely with stores and field managers to understand store needs.
Five Below is an Equal Opportunity Employer.