[Distribution Center] Jobs
Five Below currently has 2 Distribution Centers within the organization!
Most recently, we grand-opened one in Olive Branch, MS as a result of continuous growth within Five Below!
Twin Spans Business Park, 350 Anchor Mill Rd., New Castle, DE 19720
9105 Hacks Cross Rd, Olive Branch, MS 38654
Maintenance Tech - New Castle
- Must have 1 year of experience working with forklifts, man lifts, battery charges and conveyor systems.
- Must have knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems of battery-powered, material-handling equipment
- Must have knowledge and understanding of basic sortation systems.
- Must have knowledge of basic electrical and electronic principles, modern practices, materials, and tools used in the trade
- Must have experience exercising safe practices relative to low-voltage electrical systems and mechanical equipment
- Must have the ability to operate grinders, drill presses, air compressors, hoists, cranes, parts cleaning equipment, and modern test equipment
- Ability be able to perform heavy lifting when needed
- Maintain a clean & orderly work environment
- Ability to work in exposed temperatures (cold in winter and hot in summer)
This position is responsible for performing minor to major repairs to our conveyor system and on a variety of forklifts, battery-powered equipment (mainly Crown brand), and material-handling equipment. This position is also responsible contributing to the overall upkeep of the building, grounds and other equipment in a manner that minimizes interruptions to the operation, including but not limited to:
- Troubleshoot, monitor and repair conveyor controls and systems
- Lubricate and perform preventive maintenance on forklift equipment
- Trouble Shoot and repair electrical systems on forklifts
- Maintain electric charging equipment and makes minor repairs
- Change, charge and water batteries as required
- Remove and replace electric motors; adjust bearings and replaces brushes
- Conduct other troubleshooting, repairs and preventive maintenance service (scheduled,unscheduled) on plumbing, electrical and other mechanical related devices
- Consult with vendors to ensure satisfactory service levels and fair pricing
- Make recommendations for improving operation and solving maintenance related problems
- Working with automated controls; photo eyes, switches-limit, pressure, temperature, or flow, pneumatic solenoids and cylinders, Panel View parameters. Use of PLC's.
- Performs related duties as assigned
- 0-2 years of experience working in a fast paced office setting as an administrative assistant/receptionist preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Professional and polished presence required
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of flexibility to work in an ever changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, well organized
- Must be able to multi-task and handle multiple projects at the same time
- Must be able to prioritize and work in a dynamic office environment
- Must be professional while maintaining a friendly and courteous atmosphere
- Carry out the day to day administration of the front office including but not limited to:
- Greet and assist all visitors while providing a friendly and professional atmosphere
- Answer phones and transfer calls to appropriate employees
- Distribute all mail and packages
- Order all supplies for building and maintain office cleanliness
- Assist with payroll on a bi-weekly basis, i.e. compiling information, mailing, tracking, etc.
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Shipping DC Supervisor
The Shipping Supervisor provides supervision and directions for approximately 15-35 non-exempt associates in the Shipping Department within the facility. The Shipping Supervisor drives the performance of the Shipping Department to ensure optimum levels of productivity and quality while maintaining a safe work environment for all associates.
- Demonstrated leadership, problems solving, and interpersonal skills preferably in a distribution environment
- Adept in collecting and analyzing data to formulate recommendations for process improvements.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Solid written and verbal communication skills to include proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs, to include Word, Excel and Outlook
- Flexibility to work varied hours to include weekends as business needs warrant
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Ability to apply common sense to prioritize workflow
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure
- Internal Requirements
- Associate must meet qualifications on Job Description.
- Associate must be in current role for a minimum of 3 months for consideration.
- Associate needs to be in “good standing”:
- Last performance evaluation > 3.0 (if applicable)
- No current verbal or written counseling in process.
- Monitor pallet volume by store in relation to delivery schedule and store capacity constraints
- Maintain carton counts moved to outbound delivery lanes to support nightly close
- Coordinate loading of outbound trailers
- Prioritize workflow and communicate priorities effectively
- Coordinate and maintain shipping schedules with outside vendors
- Examine work for accuracy, neatness, and timeliness, to conform to policies and procedures
- Evaluate standards, procedures and processes to improve efficiency of workers
- Identify workload for all areas of responsibility and reassign associates based on priority
- Provide direction and leadership in accordance with established policies and procedures while focusing efforts to maximize productivity and safety within the pick area
- Partner with facility management in the daily activities of the distribution center and pick area
- Analyze and report data relative to the pick area in an effort to constantly improve quality and efficiency. Identify process improvement and make recommendations to maintain a high level of customer service
- Monitory daily, weekly, and monthly production goals to ensure effective staffing and manpower utilization
- Enhance leadership bench strength by developing associates who are in a group leader position
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with all support areas such as Quality Assurance, IT, Human Resources, Transportation and various corporate office support areas
- Actively promote an environment and culture focused on customer service, safety, diversity and teamwork
The Transportation Clerk provides administrative support for the Distribution Center's Shipping/Transportation Department.
- Coordinate all store delivery activities
- Maintain records on the destination, weight and charges on all incoming and outgoing shipments
- Perform data entry, labeling, and filing, generate import files, assist with the tracking and expediting of freight, and freight and broker invoice auditing.
- Ensure accuracy of rate charges by verifying classification of materials with rate schedule.
- Monitor pending shipments related to the shipping schedules of purchases issued and update the traffic record system.
- Confirm information, provide product information, resolve problems, determine method of shipment and ship items and maintain records.
- Scan or hand enter information into a computer.
- Enter incoming and outgoing freight data, such as destination, weight, route initiating department, and charges into record system.
- Create bill of ladings, shipment reports, and process all incoming and outgoing shipment record.
- Maintain records of overcharges and for damages to good in transit.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure
Five Below is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply online and specifiy location.
Twin Spans Business Park LLC, Anchor Mill Road, New Castle, DE