five Below [FAQS]
- What is Five Below?
Five Below offers extreme-value on thousands of trend-right products for teens and pre-teens. We have a dynamic assortment of merchandise that includes everything from sports, games, fashion accessories, bath and body, candy and beverages, room décor and storage, stationery and school supplies, books, iPhone accessories, novelty and gag items, seasonal items and more... all at $1.00 to $5.00!
To find out more, check out our About Us page.
- How can I buy stuff at Five Below?
We sell our stuff through our 300+ retail stores. We operate stores in 19 states and are rapidly growing. Check out our Store Finder to find the most convenient store to you.
- When are you opening a store near me?
We currently have over 300 locations in 19 states! The Five Below real estate department is actively looking for new sites. Please check our Store Finder on our website for all of our current locations and to see if a Five Below is opening near you.
- Do you have a store in ______ ?
Check out our Store Finder on our website.
- What is your return policy?
Help us keep stuff cheap! if a product doesn’t fit, or is damaged or defective, we will gladly exchange it or issue a store credit within 14 days of your purchase with a receipt. we accept cash, visa®, mastercard® and discover®. for your protection, we require an i.d. for unsigned credit cards. [we currently don’t accept checks or american express®]. questions? always feel free to ask an associate for assistance. [p.s. purchase limits may exist so more customers get hot stuff at cool prices!].
We also have a cell & tablet charger guarantee! If you purchase a charger for home or car and you're not completely satisfied with its performance, we'll gladly exchange it or provide a refund.
- Does Five Below offer discounts for large purchases?
At Five Below it is our goal to bring our customers the best products at the lowest prices. For this reason we are unable to offer pricing discounts, even on large purchases.
- Voluntary recall of Vibe USB Mobile Power Bar
- For more information on the voluntary recall by DGL, please click here
- How did Five Below get started?
Five Below was founded by David Schlessinger, creator and founder of Encore Books and Zany Brainy, along with Tom Vellios, former CEO of Zany Brainy. In October 2002, Five Below opened its first store in Wayne, Pennsylvania. Since then the chain has grown to more than 300 stores in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, Ohio, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Georgia and Texas. See if a store is near you!
- Why are your prices so cheap?
At Five Below, we are as much about value as we are about great products. You can afford to get the trendiest items without spending your whole allowance. But we never compromise on quality. We can offer our products at great values through a combination of factors:
- We source from the best vendors around the world.
- We buy direct from suppliers whenever possible, we bargain hard to get the best price, and then pass the savings onto you.
- We are opportunistic to get the best products.
- We don’t accept returns and don’t run sales.
- We strive to take the costs out of everything.
What does this do for you? It guarantees you the best values at the best quality you can find anywhere so you can stretch your dollar! Think of Five Below as having a sale every day!
- Does Five Below offer franchising opportunities?
No, we do not offer franchising opportunities. All stores are company-owned and operated.
- Is Five Below publicly traded?
Yes. Five Below is a publicly traded company listed on NASDAQ under the ticker symbol "FIVE". For more information, visit Investor Relations.
- How does Five Below give back to the community?
Five Below is very involved with the communities of their stores, Home Office and Distribution Centers. For info, click here.
- What kind of merchandise can I get at Five Below?
Our merchandise changes all the time – new stuff arrives in every day! But you can always count on us for a great selection of sports, games, fashion accessories, bath and body, candy and beverages, room décor and storage, stationery and school supplies, books, iPhone® and Galaxy® accessories, novelty and gag items, seasonal items and more…all at $1.00 to $5.00!
- How is shopping at Five Below different from other stores?
At Five Below, you’ll find a broad assortment of items for teens and pre-teens! You will find tons of brand names – think Spalding®, Leapster®, Wilson®, Lego®, Haribo®, Mead®, Crayola®, Angry Birds®, Disney® and more – and trend-right products at amazing prices. We buy products we think are winners and that our customers will love. Sometimes it’s a product we intend to stock as long as it sells well; and sometimes we buy a product that is in limited supply, sell through it, and you won’t find it again. It’s all part of the fun of shopping at Five Below.
- Can I order your products online?
We keep our stuff cheap, and that’s our focus. We hope to offer these options sometime in the future. In the meantime, check our website for a store near you.
- How do I sign-up for Five Below's e-mails?
Because we have stuff arriving every day, we encourage our customers to sign up for our email list to learn about the latest and greatest stuff. You can sign up for Five Below’s emails here. We generally send emails every week letting you know about the hottest new items, special offers and promotions, grand openings and more! Five Below does not sell, rent or trade your e-mail address. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from Five Below e-mail, follow the directions at the bottom of the email.
- How do I like Five Below on Facebook? Or follow Five Below on Instagram? Or Twitter? Or pin-it on Pinterest?
- I love Five Below! How can I get a job with your company?
There are many full time and part time opportunities available at Five Below, and we’re always looking for great people who are passionate about our stores. Check out our Jobs section to see a list of current job openings and information on how to apply for a job in our Five Below stores, our Distribution Centers in Newark, Delaware and Olive Brand, MS or our Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Home Office.
- How do I set up a FUNdRAISER?
FUNdRAISERs at Five Below are a great way to earn money for your organization while shopping at the best place in the world to stretch your dollars! Check out our FUNdRAISERs page and then contact the manager at your local store to set-up.
- Do you donate to non-profit organizations?
At Five Below, we want to be part of the community! These guidelines have been established to assist you with your request for a charitable donation from Five Below. Please review these guidelines prior to submitting your request.
- We can only donate to non-profit (501c3) organizations with a valid, current tax ID number.
- Five Below does not extend merchandise donations or cash donations. We only donate activated gift cards.
- Donations are limited to one per year, per organization from Five Below.
- Priority is given to requests from non-profit organizations that serve residents and the immediate communities surrounding our stores and distribution facilities.
- Priority is also given to organizations with missions involving youth initiatives.
- Requests that do not meet the above criteria will not be considered.
- We review requests once a month on the 1st of every month. 10 organizations are chosen every month. Written requests should be made at least a week prior to the 1st of the month the donation is needed.
- Only mailed or faxed requests will be accepted. Email requests will not be accepted.
All donations are to be arranged with the Home Office in Philadelphia, PA. The following information is necessary for a donation to be considered:
- A written request, on the non-profit group’s letterhead, faxed or mailed to the Home Office, Attn: Donations
- Explain the nature of the organization, why the donation is needed, what kind of donation is being requested and the location of the closest Five Below store.
- A valid tax ID number should also be referenced.
- Requests that do not include the above criteria will not be considered.
Please understand that because we receive so many requests, we are not able to accommodate every organization and are unable to provide an individual response to inquiries concerning the status of your request. However we do make every effort to extend donations to a variety of community groups. You can find contact information for the Home Office here.
- I am a product vendor. How do I contact your merchandise team?
You can email your information here.
- I am interested in writing a story on Five Below. Who can I contact for more information?
You can call Liz Romaine at 215.207.2647 or email her here.
- I have a great real estate opportunity for Five Below. Where do I get more information or who to contact?
Our requirements for real estate are: 7,500 square feet (will also consider range from 7,000 to 10,000 square feet) and frontage minimum of 50'. For further information, please contact either Doug Walrod, firstname.lastname@example.org for SC, GA, AL, TN, KY, MO, TX, LA, MS, FL, IL, IN, MI, NC, NY (Upstate), OH & PA (Western) or Zach Minteer, email@example.com , for CT, DC, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY (Metro), PA, RI & VA.