Interested in working at our Philadelphia Corporate HQ?
Join the hottest growing retailer in the area! We currently have over 500 stores open in 32 states! We have a ton of exciting opportunities available in our Home Office located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Jobs by Department:
- FP&A Analyst, Corporate Finance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Masters and/or CPA preferred
- 3-5 years progressive financial planning and analysis experience
- Experience developing and working with financial models
- Strong analytical and internal control skills
- Understands basic accounting & financial terms
- Must be self-motivated
- Ability to multi task
- Flexibility, diplomacy, resilience
- Strong internal customer service orientation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to interact with team members and management
- Must be a problem-solver intent on offering process improvement solutions
- Proficient in financial operating systems
- Reporting & Planning experience using Hyperion a plus
- Ability to build and effectively analyze financial statements & reports
- Skilled at financial analysis, recognizing trends communicating results
- Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with extreme proficiency in Excel
- Improves financial status by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management
- Manage the company’s capital expenditures by developing different financial models to justify capital spend. Provide reporting and tracking of capital expenditures versus budget.
- Assist with preparation of budgets and forecast projections.
- Collaborate with business partners to provide recommendations for cost savings and process improvements to enhance business performance.
- Prepare weekly, monthly & quarterly reports and analysis
- Analyze financial/operational performance and effectively communicate findings
- Research and resolve various inquiries from other areas within the organization
- Subject matter expert of the financial reporting and planning system (Hyperion)
- Support and help direct the future development of the Hyperion planning solution
- Perform special projects as assigned
Home Office Administration
- Executive Assistant
The Executive Assistant will manage the daily administration functions for Five Below Executives: He/she will be capable of managing the administrative operations with a high degree of confidentiality and sense of urgency. The EA will be capable of taking on ad hoc projects as the Executives see fit in addition to the day-to-day responsibilities.
- 2+ years of EA experience working in a fast-paced office setting
- College Degree preferred or relevant experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of flexibility to work in an ever-changing environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, well organized
- Must be able to prioritize and work in a dynamic office environment
- Must be professional while maintaining a friendly and courteous atmosphere
- Managing the day-to-day operations for Executives
- Organizing and maintaining files and records
- Planning and scheduling meetings and appointments
- Managing projects and conducting research
- Preparing and editing correspondence, reports, and presentations
- Making travel and guest arrangements
- Preparing and submitting expense reports on a regular basis for reimbursement
- Sort and Distribute Mail
- Providing quality customer service
- Working in a professional environment
- Assistant Buyer
- Bachelors Degree
- 1-2 years experience as an Assistant Buyer with a Specialty Retailer
- Off-price experience is a Plus
- Excellent teamwork skills demonstrated in the ability to identify needs and work through obstacles to obtain objectives.
- Strong negotiating skills as well as strong communication and computer skills are required.
- The position will require some travel, either domestically or internationally.
- Demands a passionate, dedicated individual eager to contribute and collaborate to build a special kind of team and Retail Company.
- Provide administrative and operational support to a buying team.
- Directly impact on our company's sales, volume, gross margin, and turnover objectives.
- Procuring and managing samples (keeping track of their status and returning them to vendors), if necessary; attaching Merchant ID's to sample
- Maintaining vendor contact lists
- Working with Marketing to provide details as needed for web updates.
- Coordinating and Maintaining Ad Matrix
- Managing open orders to ensure on time deliveries
- Preparing materials for presentations of new product launches and advertising turn-ins
- Providing general administrative support and working on special projects as assigned (sales and trend reports, strategy prep, etc)
- Bachelors Degree
- A minimum of 5-7 years of direct buying experience in a specialty or department store environment
- Experience in off-price markets is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must be willing to travel
- Must possess a demonstrable knowledge of important trends evolving in the targeted market
- Must have a significant knowledge of product development, planning, distribution and domestic and overseas manufacturing
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Must have strong negotiation skills
- Must have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must have strong computer skills
- Lead the development and assortment of specific category and product lines to deliver merchandise with great value
- Select and deliver the trendiest product while achieving financial goals and staying within specific price points
- Develop relationships with current as well as new vendors to capitalize on the hottest trends and deliver the most exciting new merchandise
- Negotiate favorable terms and conditions with all vendors
- Work with other members of the merchandising group on product development and implementation into existing store schemes
- Perform in depth market research to identify the hottest product for the target audience
- The Buyer supports the department through management of the departmental paperwork, purchase order process, vendor communication, advertising process and planogram process.
- Development and maintenance of the ad rotation chart.
- Development and maintenance of advertising documentation and files.
- Attendance and participation in advertising proof sessions.
- Management of the departmental ad turn in meetings.
- Inform vendors regarding ad schedule.
- Coordinate initial sku and vendor set-up paperwork.
- Communication and training of vendors in completion of paperwork.
- Purchase order development.
- Purchase order process management.
- Responsible for database accuracy.
- Assist in planogram development.
- Management of planogram paperwork.
Planning & Allocations
- Director of Replenishment and Allocations
- A minimum of 7-10 years in a retail/merchandising environment, with at least 5 years of experience leading merchandising and replenishment initiatives
- Must have strong computer, spreadsheet and database skills
- Must be proficient in Excel, experience with Island Pacific is a plus
- Knowledge of JDA Allocation is a plus
- Must have a thorough knowledge of Logistics, Inventory Control, Replenishment, Planning, and Distribution Center operations
- Must have a bachelor’s degree. Advanced degree is a plus
- Oversee and provide direction to the Replenishment and Allocation team. Oversee the day to day operations of the department
- Analyze inventory levels and develop a replenishment strategy based on current sales trends
- Forecast future sales trends and adjust replenishment strategies to account for any foreseeable changes in order to effectively utilize all inventory
- Partner with Merchants, DC and Operations teams to ensure the most effective merchandising strategies are being applied with regards to inventory movement
- Establish partnership with Planning team to better align entire buying process with allocation requirements
- Lead process change and systems enhancement within the Replenishment and Allocation organization to better serve the customer
- Total accountability for optimizing store inventory levels and improving store turns
- When appropriate, develop new merchandising strategies to account for seasonal changes, new store layouts and product, new store initiatives and Ad allocations
- Merchandise Planner
The Merchandise Planner will be responsible for the complete financial management of assigned area of responsibility, including the creation of financial and merchandise plans, actualization of results, and a keen ability to identify, communicate, and implement strategic business opportunities at the Department/Class/Sub Class/Key item Level. The Merchandise Planner effectively analyzes sales trends, gross margin, inventory and OTB levels. The Planner will identify risks to the business and develop action plans in cooperation with their merchandising partner to mitigate risks profitably.
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Merchandise Buying , Allocation or Planning
- Strong Retail Math acumen
- Excellent Computer skills, proficient in MS Office Suite Knowledge of the functionality of the retail industry and various products in the market
- Proficient in planning systems, Oracle planning is strongly desired
- Should have the aptitude of working in a team and taking decisions based on study and evaluation
- Works well under pressure
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strategic thinking and active listening skills
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be organized, detail- oriented, and able to work independently
- Pre Season Planning:
- Compile historical data for key metrics (Sales, Receipts, Turn, MMU%, final GM%) and
- current trend on a Bottoms Up worksheet for the assigned department
- Create regular and markdown sales plan and timing
- Align with and make recommendations to Merchandising regarding seasonal flow strategies
- Create/prepare a flow by month in accordance with company goals
- Work with Buyer on Seasonal Planning to determine the buy quantities based on
- LY performance utilize store selling as well as market trend
- Incorporate into plans the estimated impact of seasonal marketing stories and messages
- In Season Planning:
- OTB Reforecasting Sales and inventory, insuring proper inventory for basics, key items and ad items
- Review and align with merchandise team ladder plans for key programs
- Manage weekly Open-to-Buy, insuring proper inventory for key items, basics and ad items
- Performs ad hoc analysis and recommends courses of action to drive profitable sales
- Collaborates closely and builds trust among cross-functional partners to drive desired results
- Responsible for presenting and calling out risks/opportunities to Management and Senior Merchants
- Maintain effective communication with internal business partners
Five Below is an Equal Opportunity Employer.